http://flatironsclimbing.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_5543.jpg 1067 1600 tlanzano http://www.flatironsclimbing.com/wp-content/uploads/ffc-logo.png tlanzano2017-02-12 18:41:372020-05-04 07:31:25Cliff-nesting raptor closures February 1 – July 31
Cliff-nesting raptor closures February 1 – July 31
The following areas (listed north to south) are closed from Feb. 1 – July 31 to protect cliff nesting raptors:
- Lefthand Canyon Palisades, at the intersection of Lefthand Canyon Drive and Olde Stage Road (Buckingham Picnic area remains open).
- Mount Sanitas Summit, south of the Mt. Sanitas East Ridge Trail, east of Mt. Sanitas Trail (both trails remain open)
- Flagstaff Mountain, the north side of Flagstaff Mountain.
- May’s Point cliff, May’s Point Trail will remain open.
- Third Flatiron, including the Queen Anne’s Head, W.C Fields Pinnacle, 1911 Gully and the Ghetto, the East Bench & West Bench, the East & West Ironing Boards, The Fin, Green Thumb and Jaws.
- Skunk Canyon, including Ridges 2, 3 and 4, the Aechean Pronouncement, the Dreadnaught, the North Ridge and the entirety of Sacred Cliffs.
- The Back Porch and The Box.
- Bear Creek Spire, north of Bear Canyon Trail (the designated Bear Canyon hiking trail remains open).
- Fern Canyon, north of the Fern Canyon Trail, including the Nebel Horn Ridge, East Ridge, the Goose and the Goose Eggs (the designated Fern Canyon hiking trail remains open).
- The Sphinx and The Wings.
- Shadow Canyon and the Matron, the Maiden remains open and accessible from the east; Shadow Canyon Trail remains open
- The entire Mickey Mouse wall, including South Tower, North Tower, Central Tower, Ship’s Prow, Wall of Shiva’s Dance, The Gargoyle, the East Face and Cryptic Crags.
Please visit OSMP’s web site here for more on the seasonal raptor closures.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!